Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A list

A University of California-Los Angeles study recently ranked 10 beverages by their levels of disease-fighting antioxidants; here’s the ranked list:
1) pomegranate juice (at least 20% greater than any of the other beverages tested),
2) red wine,
3) Concord grape juice,
4) blueberry juice,
5) black cherry juice,
6) Acai juice,
7) cranberry juice,
8) orange juice,
9) tea, and
10) apple juice.
(J Agric Food Chem. 2008 Feb 27;56(4):1415-22. Epub 2008 Jan 26)


Recently I bought a liquid supplement – ‘cause I hate swallowing those huge multivitamins – called Miracle Fruits of the World: All-in-One Super Antioxidant Dietary supplement.” I just checked: it has most of the juices in the list (excepting cranberry and orange) plus some other exotic fruits. A not-so-yummy-but-still-palatable ounce downed quickly will be one of my regular antioxidant boosts.

Maybe try it, you might like it… OR
better yet, just eat more fruits and vegetables, like your mother said.

Do I hear you say, “tell me more about antioxidants”?
Coming soon - in the next entry – will be some riveting explanations of antioxidants and free radicals.
Hard to wait, I know.

No comments: