Sunday, March 20, 2011

Questions within

Again, in my days of late, I’m realizing mostly questions, and few if any answers. This quote resonates:

"Frequently, we are restlessly looking for answers, going from door to door, from book to book, or from church to church, without having really listened carefully and attentively to the questions within...

When God enters into the center of our lives to unmask our illusion of possessing final solutions and to disarm us with always deeper questions, we will not necessarily have an easier or simpler life, but certainly a life that is honest, courageous, and marked with the ongoing search for truth. Sometimes, in living the question, answers are found. More often, as our questions and issues are tested and mature in solitude, the questions simply dissolve...

God does not solve (all) our problems or answer all our questions, but leads us closer to the mystery of our existence where all questions cease."

- Henri Nouwen...Spiritual Direction


Gotta admit – being with grandson Noah and knowing deep within that God loves me even more than I love that grand child, helps me embrace living in some questions. Maybe I’m – I hope I am – getting just a little bit closer to the mystery of existence where questions cease.


No comments: