Monday, May 18, 2009

Love song for God

As I am out in creation – was just outside playing in the dirt – I am drawn to the Creator. The awakening of spring and sprouting of seedlings reminds me of the smile of God. I’m thinking he must love it when we enjoy His wild world, and delight when we enjoy and need and love Him. Reminds me a love poem that a friend wrote:

Love Song for God

Could this desperation be called love?
like lungs love air ~ like tongues love water ~ like my skin loves touch
without you
I die.
You speak my name and I exist
You see me and there is light for seeing.
You smile on me and
the seas swim with fish
the air flutters with birds
the ground thunders with hooves.
Your live is my wild world and
I am Eve
walking in the brightest
light that has ever shown through unsmeared air
Into all that leaping, laughing, living earth.
Eyes full of your blue sky
hair moving in your wind fingers
feet deep in your lush green.
Oh, this Eden of being yours
believing what you said
filling with your desire
breathing your goodness
always naked when you look at me
my breast full
my belly round
my thighs soft
And I,
unashamed.

- Jonna Fantz

No comments: