Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Covered

Anxiety in the heart of a man weighs it down, but a good word makes it glad. Proverbs 12:25

I’m feeling a little weighted down lately – for a handful of reasons, though none of them is of crisis proportions. After visiting a dying friend today, I gain a different perspective, and realize again that life is all about being grateful, and aiming to live in this moment of love, even in the midst of pain and heartache. Over and over again I need to – I get to – remind myself that there is a good God and we are covered in love by that Goodness.

I tend to lean into the flaw identified in the quote below, taken from the story The Shack, spoken by “God” to the protagonist:

“The real underlying flaw in your life, Mackenzie, is that you don’t think that I am good. If you knew I was good and that everything – the means, the ends, and all the processes of individual lives – is all covered by my goodness, then while you might not always understand what I am doing, you would trust me. But you don’t….

Trust is the fruit of a relationship in which you know you are loved. Because you do not know that I love you, you cannot trust me.”

Wishes for you and me to know we are covered with love.

No comments: