Monday, July 12, 2010

Craziness

At a recent trip to the Minnesota zoo I saw some creatures I’ve never seen before, not even in pictures (here's a YouTube video for more) .

God’s creativity inspires awe in me – both that God thought up such craziness and that God gifts us with such variety. I interpret the fascinating weirdness of these sea dragons - pictured top right is the leafy one, and bottom right is the weedy one - as God being good and loving (I can see where someone else might think that a stretch – still, they make me smile and shake my head in wonder).

Though I can't think of a decent transition, I also want to share a favored quote on goodness and love, so here goes:

“God only desires that our soul cling to him with all of its strength, in particular, that it clings to his goodness. For of all the things our minds can think about God, it is thinking upon his goodness that pleases him most and brings the most profit to our soul.

We are so preciously loved by God that we cannot even comprehend it…Therefore we may ask from our Lover to have all of him that we desire. For it is our nature to long for him, and it is his nature to long for us.”

– Julian of Norwich, Revelations of Divine Love

No comments: