Sunday, March 23, 2008

For me, and you

I recently retreated for a day. My spiritual director, in whose home I stayed, initiated the time with a prayer for me to be, and to receive. I know that I want to be more about being rather than doing, and receiving God’s love rather than trying to earn it.

It is EASTER! - a grand time for me to recall that Jesus did the ‘doing’ of suffering, dying, and rising, so that I might have the privilege of being - being loved and in love with Father/Son/Holy Spirit.

On our front door hangs a small child-crafted felt banner with simple images of cross and empty tomb. Both source of the banner (one of my kids made it) and its message are significant to me. It says,
“For me”

It’s also for you, if you want.

“…whoever accepts and trusts the Son gets in on everything, life complete and forever.” John 3:36 The Message

No comments: