Monday, August 18, 2008

Soul and path

We recently said goodbye - again - to our daughter whose path has taken her to Central America. In a newly refurbished blog where she will keep loved ones updated, she references some thoughts (in title and focus of blog; follow 'Other Bloggers' link "Rebekah's blog") of Kahlil Gibran:

Say not, "I have found the path of the soul."

Say rather, "I have met the soul walking upon my path."

For the soul walks upon all paths.

Though I'm not sure just what Gibran meant (some say that is the mark of good "art" - when recipients can interpret it according to their own lenses?), I am drawn to these words. I think of the beauty of our individual experiences - of our own path and soul. I think too of experimentation with and respect for various paths, and of our interconnectedness with another soul as they walk their path.

In your meeting of soul and walking on your path, may there be blessings.

No comments: