Saturday, February 21, 2009

Counsel

This week a courageous friend called out my tendency to desecrate my work, and urged me to get to the source of disrespect of self. She did it with gentle honesty, prefacing her comments with "I mean this in a most loving way." I heard it in a most loving way and laughed at myself, and will attempt to really listen to the good counsel and dig deeper into my stuff.


Oh my, life is such a process.


He is on the path of life who heeds instruction, but he who forsakes reproof goes astray.Proverbs 10:17


Thank everyone who calls out your faults, your anger, your impatience, your egotism; do this consciously, voluntarily. -Jean Toomer, poet and novelist (1894-1967)


The way of the fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man is he who listens to counsel. Proverbs 12:15

No comments: