Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Divine joy


"From God's perspective, one hidden act of repentance, one little gesture of selfless love, one moment of true forgiveness is all that is needed to bring God from his throne to run to his returning son and to fill the heavens with sounds of divine joy."
-- Henri Nouwen
The Return of the Prodigal Son - A Story of Homecoming

I still have much to learn of the love of God. What I've experienced thus far is barely a glimpse of the enormous sea of tender affection from God's heart. Today I was reminded again of the value of telling myself the truth, and doing so regularly. To move toward ever-increasing wellness, I hope to daily repeat a couple of affirmative statements declaring the truth of God's love.

...you are precious and honored in my sight, and I love you...
Isaiah 43:4a
(NIV)

The Lord your God is with you... He will take great delight in you... he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)

No comments: