Sunday, February 3, 2008

A little

I love it when I read that even "a little" can go a long way, or at least bring some benefit. Every effort doesn't have to be heroic. If I pause for a few minutes and relish the moment - with just that little effort - there will be fewer stress hormones circulating in my body and thus better physical well-being.

Additionally, even a little exercise - as little as ten minutes - can go a long way. A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 2007 found that even 10 minutes of moderate workouts per day (including walking briskly or riding an exercise bike) led to a marked improvement in fitness and decrease in waist size, and, thus, reduced risks of early death. [Research was done by Timothy Church, PhD, and colleagues, of Louisiana State University.]

Subjects were average, unhealthy women in their 50's - a little too-close-for-comfort to my own state. Still, it reminds me that even that little bit of physical exertion does a body good (so I say to self - appreciate already the walk from the parking lot into work, stairs to climb, painting or shoveling to do, yoga-lates class to attend, and much more).

I get to "do" and "be"
to move and pause.
-
Enjoying lots in little and large.

No comments: