Thursday, August 20, 2009

More sleep

I seem to be more interested in posting inspirational quotes these days, but here is a tidbit on physical wellness from the July/August issue of Health magazine:

"Sleeping less than six hours each weeknight makes you four-and-a-half times more likely to develop prediabetes...according to a study presented at a recent American Heart Association conference. Prediabetes, which makes blood sugar regulation difficult, already afflicts 57 million Americans, and 25 percent of them will develop type 2 diabetes. The researchers say sleep may be crucial in helping manage hormones that control blood sugar."

So yah, I'll likely continue to repeatedly (and irritatingly) say, "Kids, you need more sleep!"

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Is that me in that picture?! :) I need more sleep right now...I was going to write an email, but will sleep and hopefully write tomorrow. I love all of the ways that you love us kids! Thanks mom