Wednesday, January 30, 2008

To pause

My tendency is to push, to perform. I need to redirect often -- to pause. Mid-January I shared a Thomas Moore quote on enchantment's invitation to pause. Maybe because I am still a little uncomfortable with inactivity I like the idea of movement in the quote below. In Hearing with the Heart, author Debra Farrington makes the statement that busyness – a form of pridefulness – has for some time been more popular than patience, paying attention, pausing. She shares this Kierkegaard quote:
-
“Pausing is not a sluggish repose. Pausing is also movement. It is the inward movement of the heart. To pause is to deepen oneself in inwardness.” - Soren Kierkegaard
-
Today I got to pause by enjoying gentle conversation with a friend, and being still and reflecting.
Inward movement. I am a grateful girl.

May opportunities come your way - today - to pause.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Rebekah said...

i finally paused long enough to stay in tonight and found myself reading through blog entries from a little while back :) i was/am blessed by your words. thank you for sharing your learning/journey with us in this way. con todo - rebe