Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just going about

I read in a book that a man called Christ went about doing good. It was very disconcerting to me that I am so easily satisfied with just going about.

- Daniel Taylor...In Search of Sacred Places

I too often have been “just going about” and not necessarily “doing good.” A little bland in wellness topics on this blog, I have mostly avoided highly controversial subjects (excepting, I suppose, my posts that point to Jesus) with maybe more concern for ‘feel good’ than 'do good.' Today as I was reading in the gospel of John, I was struck again at how in-your-face Jesus could be; he was downright outrageous sometimes. Inspired by his boldness, I am feeling the nudge to talk about edgy topics occasionally: wellness is often interwoven even in potentially alienating issues.

Please keep in mind that I respect differing ideas and opinions and have an expectation that another will respect mine. I really do appreciate the differences even while we don't agree.

This is the heads up. So, next up – stem cell research…

No comments: